1. Phil bought me a string of Baroque pearls for my 26th birthday. They vanished. As Coco Chanel lay dying on the Rue Cambon in 1971, her friends stole the jewelery she was wearing from her fingers and from around her neck. The same happened to Barbara Hutton the Woolworth heiress.
2. What does it feel like when one assumes that someone they loved is dead and gone and then they reappear? What changes, adjustments have to me made? When one has already grieved. The shock of the living far outweighs the shock of the dead.
3. I did not sleep last night. The demons were upon me. Yet, I would describe myself as happy.
4. I wear dark glasses. I am reading the Martin Kippenberger biography.
5. It is so cold at night I fear the succulents will die.
7. I am optimistic.
8. Stringing together the visual DNA on my blog. I find myself abruptly halted. How can one leap from a formal portrait of a disgraced Duchess to snowy Stonehenge? What is the connection? Either the Duchess goes or I’m stuck.
9. The final act of my film needs rewriting. Truth is stranger than fiction.
10. Not sleeping has a powerful effect on my libido. I have unwanted erections.